Braised Artichokes in a White Wine Sauce
- 6 artichokes cleaned and quartered
- 1 medium onion sliced end to end after halving
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp, red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. dry thyme
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Keep artichoke quarters in acidulated water.
- Heat olive oil.
- Add garlic to olive oil.
- Add onions and red pepper flakes.
- Add artichokes and allow to sear until slightly browned.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add stock and thyme and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 30 mins.
- Garnish w/ parsley.
30 April 2001