Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Makes 12-16 strawberries
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable shortening
- 1 container Strawberries (~12-16)
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in a double boiler (metal mixing bowl over a small pot of simmering water). Do not let the water touch the mixing bowl.
- Turn off heat.
- Dip/roll the strawberries in the melted chocolate and place on a tray covered with wax paper.
- Place the tray into the refrigerator and let sit for until hard.
30 April 2001