Chocolate Hazelnut Bread Pudding
Recipe from the waiter at Jack’s Firehouse in Philadelphia
- 20 Pieces Chocolate cake
- 2 qts Heavy cream
- 1 Tb Vanilla
- 20 Tbs Hazelnut Liquer
- 24 Egg yolks
- 1 cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Put 1 piece of chocolate cake at the bottom of each muffin tin or coffee cup
- Cover each piece with 1 Tb of hazelnut liquer and let soak 10 minutes
- Heat the heavy cream and at the same time whip up egg yolks.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla to the egg yolks and fold together.
- Slowly add the cream to the egg yolks while quickly mixing to make sure the eggs don’t cook.
- Pour mixture evenly over all the containers.
- Cook at 350° for 45 minutes.
30 April 2001