Ingredients - Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 tsp. dillweed
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- black pepper
- 8-9 leaves basil, chopped
- 1/2-1 tsp. cumin
- 1 large can of diced tomatos
- 1/4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut lengthwise into slices 1/4”-1/2” thick
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 small zuchinni, peeled and chopped into 1/2” cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup apple juice
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet and cook for 7 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 4 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Chop the eggplant into cubes.
- Preheat a pan with olive oil until hot.
- Cook garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shallots and cook until transparent.
- Add half of the basil and all of the other spices.
- Add the zuchinni and bell peppers and cook until they lose all of their crunchiness, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the eggplant cubes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the apple juice, tomatos, and the rest of the basil and bring to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vingegar and stir it in.
- Take off the heat and serve.
30 April 2001