Recipe from Jersey Fresh Cooks cookbook.
- 2 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 8-oz pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- confectioner’s sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to batter mixture.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup flour with cranberries and nuts and fold into batter
- Batter will be very thick. Spoon into a greased 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Before serving, dust with confectioner’s sugar.
06 December 2002